Thursday, June 11, 2009

part duex!

The Seven Most Beautiful Songs I've Ever Heard

Over the next week, I will be blogging the seven most beautiful songs I've ever heard. The genres span from indie rock, like the selected track below, to gangsta rap, to arena rock. What I consider beautiful may be different than readers, but I think that all of these songs are amazing in their own rights.





Now I'm not one for BritPop, I feel as if it seems The Kooks seem to hit a particularly genius stride with their latest single "Shine On" from Konk. They are talented, and they aren't very adhesive to that "sexy, British accent" image. They're quirky, fun, and just all around very cheery to have around. Bubblegum BritPop aside, what makes this particular track stand out is the precisely what I've come to despise about British indie music, ironically enough.

The Wombats, Arctic Monkeys, and The Kooks have their base, and typical radio friendly hits, media darlings for the punk rock stations across the US, but "Shine On" is precisely the catchy hit that makes a band truly famous.

Now to what I love about this song. There's so much! The steady beat, along with the friendly and familiar tambourine, makes for a nice walking pace, fantastic for singing along in the car. In fact, some of what goes into my choices, is precisely where and how I listen to these songs. In this case, "Shine On" is a fantastic sing-along song while driving to work, or class, or a cheery ballad while walking around the neighborhood. From the "hand that feeds," to the "sha-la-la's" this song is catchy and pretty in every way. Oh, and fellas, don't let the fact that it's in a Michelob Ultra commercial kill this song for you. Chick beer needs an anthem, too.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOHCmr8shWc
official music video!!!!

No comments: